We are about six weeks into the new year and thought it was high time to check in. While most are sharing how they think the new year is shaping up, we’re taking a different tact. Rather than rehash the same old public relations trends, we’re going to share the things you needn’t worry about, communications wise, in 2013.
1. How many people are in your social networks. Really. The question is, do you have the right people following you, posting on your channels, and engaging with you?
2. How many awards you are winning. Kudos are nice. But, do you have the clients you want? Do you have the kind of work you want? Are you being profitable?
3. How much volunteer work you are doing. We are all for pro bono work. We do much of it ourselves. But, are you ignoring your profitable work for affairs of the heart?
4. When you are working. Yes, you should be available when clents need you. But, when does your best work happen? Work then.
5. If Washington, Wall Street and Main Street will work it out. If you watch enough news you might want to throw in the towel (or other things). Ask yourself, am I doing the best I can today and are we making progress?